How to Find Our Livestream
I was told this week that some of our folk, on those days when they cannot attend in person, are still struggling to find our livestream on Sunday morning. So, although I explained it to the person who asked, I will write it out here because I know, for many of us, it’s much easier to learn new things by following the directions a few times.
For some of you, this is going to be obvious, and if you are one of those folks feel free to move on to something else, but I hope that this will be helpful to those that need it.
First, turn on your computer or your smartphone, either will work, but after that the directions will be just a little bit different.
On a computer:
- Open whatever browser that you commonly use. This is probably Google Chrome, Apple’s Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox but it might be something a little less common. Hopefully, you know which browser you use.
- Navigate to YouTube.com. You may need to type that in the navigation bar at the top or you can type it into the “Search” bar. Either way, click on that and go to YouTube.
- Once you are on the YouTube webpage, click on the search bar at the top and type “pastor John Partridge” or “John Partridge church.” You can’t just type “John Partridge” even though that’s the official name of my channel because there is a well known actor by the same name and you will be inundated with his videos unless you include “pastor” or “church” in your search.
- After you’ve typed that, click on the magnifying glass, or hit “Enter.”
- That should bring up, within the first few options, a picture of me, and the name of my channel “John Partridge.” Click on that.
- Once there, my instructions might be a little… fuzzier… because I never go online to look at my channel while we are livestreaming. But, what I think happens, once we start the livestream at 10:15 am Sunday morning, is that at the top of my channel, you will see some notification that we are, at that moment streaming video.
- Click on that notification and it should take you to the livestream that is in progress.
On a smartphone:
If you have not installed the YouTube app on your phone, then follow the directions for “On a computer” listed above.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Click on the magnifying glass.
- Type “pastor john partridge” in the search bar as described above.
- Click on the circular photo of me where it says something like “98 subscribers, 256 videos.”
- That will take you to my channel and at that point the instructions are the same as for #6 above.
Another note: If you haven’t done so already, subscribing to the “John Partridge” YouTube channel might make it easier for you to find it. In addition, if you are watching on your smartphone, if you click on the “notification bell” and allow notifications, then YouTube will send you a message whenever our livestream is… live.
Did you enjoy this?
Please LIKE and SHARE!
Click here to subscribe to Pastor John’s blog.
Click here if you would like to subscribe to Pastor John’s weekly messages.
Click here to visit Pastor John’s YouTube channel.